I have been and am a huge fan of Adobe Flex as a technology to build great experiences for the web. The FlexStore app was a great example of how we can change the experience around a common use case like an online shopping website. This app was built sometime around 2005 (if I remember right) to showcase the capabilities of Flex 2.0 framework. 7 years down, with web standards making quantum leaps in providing great experiences, we could now build a similar experience without flash or flex.
I will be spending time in adding features and fixes to this as well, but not at a very quick rate. You can experience the demo here. Here is a small summary of what works. Read the bullets below or watch the video
The stuff that works
1. Move the slider to filter the items.
2. Click the “triband” check box to filter on triband
3. Drag and drop items to compare bin
4. Drag and drop items to shopping cart
5. Use the select box and choose “2000″ as the series to filter
6. Click the “search” or the “cart” icons to see the sliding animation
The stuff that doesn’t work (yet)
1. Dragging the slider violently with the intent of breaking the demo.
2. Combination of filtering is buggy.
3. Price calculation based on items in shopping cart.
4. Any other combination that is untested.